Janet L. Goehle, Attorney at Law
651-243-6005 800-598-6990 Call For A Consultation

February 2015 Archives

How do I pursue delinquent payments for child support in MN?

When a couple in Minnesota shares a child but is no longer together, it is possible that one will be ordered to pay child support to the other, known as the custodial parent. While most parents want to ensure that their children are cared for appropriately, and that the payments are made in a timely fashion and in their proper amount, there are times when a parent doesn't pay what he or she is supposed to. This can be for a variety of reasons. In this case, the custodial parent has options to pursue the delinquent payments.

Can I deduct my alimony payments on my tax return?

Last week's post in this blog discussed the basics of alimony in Minnesota. This week we're going to take a look at an issue that will probably be on the minds of many divorced Minnesotans between now and April 15: how should I deal with alimony payments on my tax return?

Understanding the basics of alimony

The stresses of going through a divorce can make anyone's head spin. There are many elements that must be considered be navigating and understanding them all can be difficult during such an emotionally stressful time. One such element that may be of concern is alimony, and understanding the basics can help formulate a strong plan of action moving forward.

Child Custody Lingering on the Minds of Many Minnesota Families

Life is full of stress. From paying the bills to getting to work on time, there is always some pressure baring down on us. Family, of course, is what makes it all worth it. The stress melts away when your kids are sharing their tales of the day.

Email Us For A Response

Send An Email

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

FindLaw Network