Resolution Through Negotiation
Family law and child custody representation in Minnesota's Twin Cities.
Janet L. Goehle
Many family law attorneys promote their aggressive approach to represent clients, reinforcing the message that assertiveness is the key to “winning” a divorce. From the Law Firm of Janet L. Goehle, Attorney at Law, in St. Paul, Minnesota, we believe that the art of negotiation is infinitely more valuable to family law lawyers and their clients then a penchant for being pushy. More than 30 years of legal experience devoted to family law matters confirms this belief.
Whether you need a lawyer to help you navigate the complex matters of divorce, child custody, child support, or to modify an existing divorce decree, we operate from the philosophy that effective legal representation is not synonymous with mindless aggression. In fact, as a general rule, family law issues are resolved more efficiently and cost-effectively through mediation and negotiation then they are through aggressive litigation.
Attorney Goehle is a state-certified alternation dispute resolution (ADR) “qualified neutral” and early neutral evaluator (ENE). In this role she serves as a neutral third party who facilitates agreements between divorcing couples (She does not represent someone for whom she is serving as a neutral).
Whether representing a client or serving as a third-party mediator in a divorce, Janet L. Goehle, Attorney at Law, effectively facilitates a cooperative spirit by listening to all of those involved, preventing negotiations from getting explosive, and taking a proactive approach to dealing with the emotions that cause flare-ups and stalemates.
By helping you place the priority on achieving whatever is in the best interests of your children, our law firm helps you develop a divorce agreement that decreases the emotional wear and tear of divorce and creates a solid blueprint for the future – for you and your children.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1989
- University of Wisconsin, River Falls, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1984
- Minnesota, 1989
- U.S. District Court, 1991
- Pro Bono Attorney for Ramsey County Pro Se Clinic
- Pro Bono Attorney for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- Court Appointed Parenting Time Expediter
- Guardian ad Litem for Adults
- Wills for Heroes
- Women's Advocates
- Crisis Worker for Sexual Offense Services
- Speaker for Sexual Offense Services
- Created and Established Christian Cupboard Food Shelf in Washington County
- MSBA & MSBA Family Law Section, 1989 to Present
- ABA Family Law Section, 1989 to Present
- Ramsey County, Washington County, Dakota County Family Law Section
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
- Family Law
- Parenting Consultant
- Parenting Time Expediter
- Early Neutral Evaluator
- Custody Evaluator